HOT WAXING BIRMINGHAM
Hot Waxing Birmingham
Hairs and Graces specialise in hot waxing for men and women in Birmingham. Our professionally trained waxing therapists aim to offer our clients the swiftest, most pain-free and professional waxing service in Birmingham.
We only use Hot wax as this is the most professional and pain-free way of waxing and achieves the best results. It is also great for removing short, stubborn and coarse hairs from the roots and therefore gives a longer lasting result. We always try to make intimate waxing much less painful and much more comfortable. We offer waxing treatments to all areas such as legs, arms, eyebrows, intimate waxing for Ladies (Hollywood & Brazilian) and Gent’s chest, shoulders and back.
Lip & Chin Waxing
Side of Face Waxing
Under Arm Waxing
Half Arm Waxing
Full Arm Waxing
Half Leg Waxing
Full Leg Waxing
Full Leg & Bikini Waxing
Hot Waxing Advice
Waxing services are not suitable for
- Customers using or who have used in last 6 months retin A , AHA / BHA skin care, skin peels, glycolic acid and steroids creams in the area to be waxed.
- Customers taking or have used in last 3 month any anti -acne medications due to increased dryness and sensitivity of skin.
- Customers that suffer from cold sores. (If a client has had a cold sore recently waxing will cause reoccurrence).
- Customers that are hypersensitive to heat treatments.
- Customers that have been exposed to sun or sunbeds 24 hours prior to waxing.
- Customers who have an immune system that is very low or those who have an iron deficiency.
- Customers that are under 16 must be accompanied by parent/guardian who must sign a consent form.
- Intimate waxing (Brazilian and Hollywood bikini waxing) is not recommended to anyone under 16.
Waxing Pre-care advice
- If you are sensitive to waxing we advise you to avoid it a few days before, or the first day of your menstrual cycle as your pain threshold is decreased.
- Trim your hair down to ¼ inch before you have a Brazilian treatment. This is very important as it will make your experience a lot more pleasant.
- Men are also advised this if having chests or backs waxed.
- If you have been shaving we recommend that you allow 2-3 weeks growth before a wax to allow your hair follicles to reproduce.
- Leave 4-6 weeks between waxes.
- If you are going on holidays we recommend to have your treatment 2 or 3 days before you leave to ensure your skin has calmed.
- It is recommended to shower and exfoliate the chosen area 12-24 hours prior to waxing resulting in a smoother finish.
- Do not use moisturiser prior to your treatment.
Your skin will be temporarily sensitised after waxing.
Follow these recommendations for 24-48 after hot waxing and this will reduce the risk of irritation.
- No hot showers or baths.
- No heat treatments, sauna, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not wear tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Do not use sun beds or sun bathe after waxing, wear sun screen on the waxed areas for 48 hours.
- Do not apply any perfumed products, deodorant, body sprays, powders, lotions, moisturiser, fake tan to the area, only products recommended by your therapist.
- Do not apply exfoliating products (AHA’s scrubs) loofah’s they can irritate the skin.
- Facial waxing, do not apply make-up for 12 hours.
- Avoid touching newly waxed skin, as it can cause irritation or small spots.